Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Rock Otaku’s February 2017 Plans and Announcements.

Hello degenerates, heathens, weirdos, and deviants.  I am the Rock Otaku, and I’m here to show you worlds such as hard rock, metal, punk, alternative rock, movies, TV, anime, video games, and anything that makes us scream, shout, and let it out.

As for this entry, this is to tell you what’s in store for Febrary 2017.  If you’re wondering how that affects this blog, and why I keep using #RealRockersWearPink on Facebook and Twitter, I’ll explain here.  Since this is February, which is considered the month of love and romance, I’ve decided to add some love, romance, and, well, slightly-more feminine things and ideas to the blog for this month.  This includes focusing on hard rock and metal bands who sing more about love and affection rather than the occult, goblins, elves, spaceships, lightsabers, vampires, werewolves, and all that fun stuff.  As a result, I’ve decided to make my Let Them Eat Metal and Countdowns with The Rock Otaku more about romance, love, and the feelings surrounding them, such as what happens when two people REALLY love each other.

For the former, I’ve already gave my two thoughts on the legendary debut album by the hard rock icons, and I plan on something big for next time.  That was going to be called “6 Way Battle: 2nd Wave Glam Metal Debuts,” but I’ve decided to give it a better name.  It will be called: Into the Metallic Ring of Rock ‘N’ Roll Hellfire!  It will be a sub-series within Let Them Eat Metal that will allow me to discuss more metal albums of yore and even today than I possibly could have with a single-album review series.  Instead of track-by-track, I will discuss the albums and artists that enter the ring overall, with focus on certain categories that will increase in number to allow for a clear winner.  Categories for how the albums will be judged will be include two that will begin and close the fight: Best First Three Tracks, going by the Rule of Three to decide which ones are worth listening to, and Best Closing Track, the song that best ends the album overall.  Other categories will include Best Instrumentation, Best Vocals, and others that are self-explanatory, and will be based on what the albums are.  The initial edition, as I’ve stated, will be based around 6 debut albums of notable 2nd wave glam metal bands (notable to me).  I’ll reveal the contenders through Twitter in riddles that should be easy to figure out, and easier as the bands are revealed.  The first riddle will be on Friday around the same time the next Countdown is released.  Due to timing, you’re wondering how March will kick off Let Them Eat Metal.  The answer?  It will involve International Girls’ Day and what it represents.

For the Countdowns, the first one will be the Top 10 Disney Couples.  The categories, for ease of focus, will be only for the Disney Animation Canon, so everything from Snow White to Moana will be listed.  But because I haven’t seen every Disney Animated Canon movie ever, there might be some discrepancies.  I’ll explain who will ultimately make the list when I post it, but it’s a surprise for the rest of it.  For the second one, I’m considering something either anime, gaming, comic, and/or movie-related with the theme of doomed romances.  For the sake of not breaking hearts, it will be about doomed romances that are not as much tragic as they are meaningful in a character’s development or understanding of the world or plain hilarious.  This can include harem anime, tragedy spoofs, and so on.  And if there’s a Disney romance that didn’t make the first list, it might the second.  So I hope you enjoy those.

As for anything else, because this is February, I decided to create a hashtag that represents the month pretty well.  Specifically, one that evokes the feelings and ideas of the month’s more romantic elements.  Also, with the continued trends in rock and metal that make me feel that the issue with both genres being the overload of masculinity to the point of toxicity.  What I mean is that it feels that rock music went back to being afraid of cooties.  So to remove that stigma, I’ve created the hashtag “Real Rockers Wear Pink” to prove that rockers, both in the past and today, can still be manly and masculine, but also have a more feminine side and elements that would be considered feminine.  If there are news stories and concepts that would fit this term perfectly, then I’ll share them through my social media.  I’ll also use it for major releases of my entries, such as Let Them Eat Metal and Countdowns with The Rock Otaku.  Plus, expect to see it with the social media entries telling you about this.  Overall, expect to see the hashtag being used a lot.

I’m also considering creating a Facebook page for my blog series.  This will be a priority once I see a single blog entry get 40 views.  I’ll explain on Twitter how I’ll know this.  For 50 views of a single blog entry, I’ll probably start having ads on the blog.  But if I get 100 views for a single blog entry, I’ll start taking suggestions for my main series, both for Let Them Eat Metal and my countdowns.  For 150 views, I’ll ask for questions that will lead to a Q&A.  For 200 views, I’ll review The Rods’ Let Them Eat Metal, the album that inspired the name of the blog series of the same name.  In short, I have some great plans for my blog, and they depend on you as much as they depend on me.

As for my Twitter, check out @RockOtaku92 for updates, news, interesting facts, and other fun stuff.


This is the Rock Otaku, Live Loud and Play Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment