Monday, April 3, 2017

The Rock Otaku’s April 2017 Plans and Announcements.

Hello degenerates, heathens, weirdos, and deviants.  I am the Rock Otaku, and I’m here to show you worlds such as hard rock, metal, punk, alternative rock, movies, TV, anime, video games, and anything that makes us scream, shout, and let it out.

As for this entry, this is to tell you what’s in store for April 2017.  If you’re wondering what things are like, here’s a Brief Summary.  So my main series Let Them Eat Metal had three new entries released last month with the last one being on the last day of March.  For that, I can say that this is the most successful run of the series to date, due to the fact that each entry, both due to my current install base and heavy Twitter use, got at least 50 views, with my review on Metallica’s second album, Ride The Lightning, receiving around 69 views as of the last time I looked at the numbers.  As a result, I feel a lot more confident about what I’m saying on these as well as with how I’ve gotten a much stronger following.  Especially in Europe, where there were moments where people in Poland were reading my work more so than the people of the USA (alongside Trump and him running against Clinton, that is one reason why I feel that my nation sucks).  For this month, I have two entries planned, and a new way of revealing what I’m reviewing.  Instead of stating it out loud, I will provide a hint through some colorful wording to have you guess what I’m reviewing next.  Then the Sunday before it comes out, I will reveal the album in question through Twitter and Facebook.  But for what they’re about, the very next one, due to a certain holiday following it, will have more of a Christian bent while the next will be another recent review, this time dealing with an album that came out a few months ago, and it will tie into the Thursday after that.

But one area that I noticed that I got some serious traction is in my countdowns.  I’m not sure why one of them did extremely well, but it’s as if countdowns tend to do better on the internet because we use it to rank stuff we like.  It’s not as if there are multiple series dedicated to countdowns that are massively popular or anything?  But they did spectacularly on their own as well as from pushes by yours truly to bring up the view count, but I can easily say that the Rock N’ Roller Coaster-based one did so well that I’m planning on another future theme park-themed countdown, with the same concept as that one but with another beloved ride that may or may not need a theme change in the near future.  And the second one, on its own did pretty well, even if I did reveal that I did listen to butt rock in my late high school, early college years.  But for this week, an anime-themed countdown is being considered, and I am thinking of another countdown of the 2017 summer movies I’m the most excited for.  Expect some weird thoughts, but I’ll do my best to make it work.

And I did start plans for a new blog series that will be more off the cuff, but with a lot of effort put into them.  The new series, “The Rock Otaku’s Crazy Idears”, will be a new series dedicated to stuff I come up with and solutions to issues that I feel need to be fixed.  There will be a lot of weird stuff going on here, but the first one, on how I’d start a rock or metal band, will be coming out this month.  The date is not set, and this will not have set dates overall.

And I do know that I haven’t done a Billboard Chart Watch last month, so I’ll see if I’ll just do one for this month.  If not, then I really am sorry for those that think that I should be doing this.  But I will definitely look into it.  The issue with this overall is how the Billboard Charts work versus what I originally did, and that tripped me up.  I will plan on getting one up on any Tuesday or Wednesday this month.  But for now, I’ll see if I can get it up next week.

Now for my movie reviews.  They have one recent weakness, and that is coming over a week late after the initial release.  And before the summer season, I am planning on changing that to be more recent.  Not to say that reviews will come sooner, I may do some more, but I plan on setting up a new movie review series for Mondays that’ll take my current movie review formula and do so for every week.  That way, if I feel like cancelling Billboard Chart Watch or completely abandoning the concept, I have another non-LTEM, non-countdown series to work on.  And it won’t just be of movies.  TV, anime, cartoons, and other visual media will be considered if I don’t have a movie to review.  That way, I’m actively pursuing other media outside of free YouTube.

Speaking of YouTube, I have plans on expanding into that.  For Tumbler, I am practically linking my blog series to there, but YouTube will be a different entity.  For that, I plan on a Vlog series that may include me discussing various rock, metal, alternative, movie, TV, comic, anime, game, and even political news and dissecting it while also having a recommendation of the week.  That way, I can start showcasing random albums and songs I’ve been listening to, but I don’t feel deserve a written entry yet.  But I also know about corporate bullcrap, so I may also set up VidMe and DailyMotion accounts for them while also asking you all to subscribe (and/or create YouTube accounts of your own) to my account so you can see them.

Now for the goals.  If you desire YouTube, VidMe, DailyMotion and possibly DeviantArt pages of yours truly, here are the metrics:
  • YouTube: 100 views of a single entry
  • VidMe: 105 views of a single entry
  • DailyMotion: 110 views of a single entry
  • DeviantArt: 120 views of a single entry
  • Patreon: Whenever I feel that ad revenue isn’t going anywhere and I need to ensure that I’m able to create some new projects, may them be written or made for visual pleasure.
  • Any other social media site of choice: 150 views of a single entry.

And for the rest, 100 views of a single entry leading to me to start taking requests and suggestions for my work.  But I can take suggestions if they do allow for greater quality of my work.  150 will lead to the start of the first Q&A, where I’ll, based on your questions, reveal my deepest, darkest secrets.  200 views will lead to the first ever special entry of Let Them Eat Metal: Let Them Eat Metal by The Rods, the album whose name inspired the title of my main heavy metal and hard rock series (when I’m not talking about rock and metal making the Billboard chart).  300 views will lead to a review of the movie 300 and/or it’s sequel/prequel/inter-quel 300: Rise of an Empire because why the hell not?  400 views will lead to a LTEM for Metallica’s Master of Puppets.  And for 500 views, I’ll do a multipart LTEM reviewing every Judas Priest album in a multipart mini-series (which might lead to LTEM being a weekly series for a brief time) as a tribute to my first post of this series here: http://rockotaku92.blogspot.com/2016/12/let-them-eat-metal-1-screaming-for.html.  A part of this will be a re-review of Screaming for Vengeance with my evolving style depending on a poll beforehand.  For an Iron Maiden, Accept, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Savatage, Van Halen, or even Metallica min-series, that will be decided on various factors such as how well it does.  And for every final/most recent album, I’ll come up with, as I’ve done for Band-Maid, ideas on how the band’s should go forward or how any aspiring bands or artists should take elements in music and image from the band being discussed, depending on if the band isn’t as legendary as they should be.  Overall, things should be fun this month, and they rely on you as they do on me.

As for my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr, check them both out for updates, news, interesting facts, and other fun stuff.  Be sure to like and follow them respectively.  Here are the links if you’re interested:






This is the Rock Otaku, Live Loud and Play Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment