Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Rock Otaku’s January 2017 Plans and Announcements.

Hello degenerates, heathens, weirdos, and deviants.  I am the Rock Otaku, and I’m here to show you worlds such as hard rock, metal, punk, alternative rock, movies, TV, anime, video games, and anything that makes us scream, shout, and let it out.
As for this entry, this is to tell you what’s in store for January 2017.  So, let’s all relax after the dumpster fire that was 2016.  No matter what you were into, what you followed, or your political affiliations, we can all agree that 2016 sucked in some way for all of us.  You may have had a better 2016 than the rest of us, but that doesn’t mean it was all sunshine and rainbows.  But if I have a resolution about this year versus the last, it’s that there are 1) going to be changes, and 2) I will ensure a proper schedule for all my projects.
As for me, these plan entries are supposed to be a series of entries that detail what I’m aiming to do over the month and possibly in the near future.  My game plan was, and still is, to release these the first Monday of each month, but there have been some complications for January.  Thanks to a cold (and some drainage), I ended up having to rest more than I could have when preparing this month’s set of plans, and there’s also my day job.  As a result, this is coming a few days late, specifically a few days (hopefully) before the next entry of LET THEM EAT METAL!   As for that, I’ll explain below.
For those new to my blog, LET THEM EAT METAL is a blog series that celebrates heavy metal, the music that establishes what it’s about, the bands that represent it perfectly, the albums that are either must-owns or underrated, and the other aspects of it, such as how nerdy it really is.  In each entry, I review albums track-by-track, giving my impressions of each, then summarizing my thoughts on the album, all loaded with humorous observations, non-sequitor humor, and references to everything from comics, games, TV, movies, and especially anime (see my entry on Hall of the Mountain King to get a good idea on that).  Currently for this month, the plan is to start off the 2017 run with Balls to the Wall by Accept, then review Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Metal on Metal by Anvil, and an unconfirmed album in no particular order, specifically the one that makes the most sense.
As for other series, I am retooling my Active Rock chart analysis into an analysis of the Billboard Rock charts (the Hot Rock, Alternative, and Mainstream Rock Charts).  Starting that series is a countdown of both the Top 10 Worst and Best Rock Songs to Chart on Billboard (in that order).  After that will be a straightforward review of each chart that will alternate between the 3 (and possibly another of interest for me) charts, giving my thoughts on the new arrivals and chart changes.  This is to show a sense of relevancy towards current trends in rock and alternative while showcasing new artists that I feel should get more attention.
Finally, I am considering some side stuff, fun stuff like Movie reviews, game reviews, anime reviews, book reviews, and even some analysis of what’s going on at Disney World.  I’m thinking about creating a sort of anthology series dedicated to whatever catches my interest.  For example, for either March or May, I’m thinking or reviewing every major Adam Sandler movie to check both when he was funny, when he stopped being funny, or if I just grew out of his shtick.  I plan to call it Happy Madison March/May.  I’d prefer to have it in May so I have a better set of reviews and more time to work on them (yes, I’d watch crap like Grown Ups, Jack and Jill, and The Ridiculous 6 for your amusement at my misery).  If not, then I’d think of doing a review series of certain franchises or director/producer filmographies before certain movies come out.  An example would be reviewing every Zack Snyder movie before Justice League, every Spider-Man film before Spider-Man Homecoming, or the previous Transformers movies (including the 1986 one) before Transformers: The Last Knight.  Plus, I could try some events like Star Trek Wars (a review of every Star Trek movie in order of release) or Star Wars Trek (a review of every Star Wars movie in order of release), and if you didn’t get the reference there, then I’d recommend checking out Futurama on Netflix.  Overall, there are many things I can do on this blog.
But if there’s one idea that I’d rather do for this blog, it would be an Anime simulcast check-in, a series of blogs where I watch a number of simulcast Anime series that premier or continue in Winter 2017 (or any season for that matter), and determine which ones, through words, I’d continue watching and which ones you’d want me to watch.  I’ll also have an open blog where, if you’d like, can recommend anything from anime, comics, games, TV, movies, albums, webseries, podcasts, etc. that you’d want me to check out.  I’m also thinking about doing some of these as videos or a podcast, and I’ll let you know if I decide to.  This is currently in the planning stages, but I’ll provide some updates on what I’ll do on Twitter.
As for my Twitter, check out @RockOtaku92 for updates, news, interesting facts, and other fun stuff.

Until Next Time.  This is the Rock Otaku, Live Loud and Play Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment