Monday, May 1, 2017

The Rock Otaku’s May 2017 Plans and Announcements.

Hello degenerates, heathens, weirdos, and deviants.  I am the Rock Otaku, and I’m here to show you worlds such as hard rock, metal, punk, alternative rock, movies, TV, anime, video games, and anything that makes us scream, shout, and let it out.

As for this entry, this is to tell you what’s in store for May 2017.  If you’re wondering what things are like, here’s a Brief Summary.  Last month was another where I somehow managed to get 9 entries up on the internet, with two consecutive weeks where I had 3 entries.  While that can be considered a sign that this might end up being a full-time deal, I’ll explain the main aspects where that possibility can be achieved.  But for the content, I managed to do two LTEMs this week, and while I feel that they are strong and get my point across, one of them, the one based around my comparison of Stryper and Skillet, was a little too vanilla, so I have plans on uploading the version I was gunning for when I wrote it, but cut down to get it out the night it did.  It will be out sometime in the coming months, and I’ll probably get it out as a Patreon-only entry, which I’ll explain about in an upcoming paragraph. 

Outside of that, I managed to do two countdowns based around anime and summer movies respectively, and I get the sense that, while not as popular as the countdowns I did in March, they were well received, and I’ll do that process again with the next season of anime as well as with Holiday films. 

Plus I brought back my Billboard Rock Chart analysis, the Rockin’ Billboard Chart Watch, and developed a new system of doing it, where views of a single entry will unlock new reviews of songs I did not cover or was unable to properly cover due to them not fitting the rules that week, as in being in the top 10, being a new or returning entry, or having some merit to it.  It may sound cheap and like bad DLC practices (I’m looking at you, Capcom), but it’s one way for me to justify updating them.  That and having links to songs I’ve already reviewed on the page as well.  And depending on the charts for this week, I might extend the top 10 rule to top 20, which might curb this while also making them very, very long.

And finally, while I wasn’t able to do any movie reviews last month, I’m very certain that will change this month, and they will be based around after seeing them in the next 2 days.  Plus, my “Crazy Idears” series got started, and that isn’t as big of a focus of mine but something I do when I feel that I need to put something out there.

Now for how I’ll tackle May.  Obviously, I have “Let Them Eat Metal” entries planned for this month, but I’m struggling to think of random countdown ideas.  There might be a situation where I just make Friday a catch-all day where LTEM is a priority, but Countdowns may be replaced by Crazy Idears, random editorials, interesting stuff, and even further plans with what I’ll do with other forms of media when I have the shot (they may be Crazy Idears as well).  For one countdown idea, I’m trying to choose between my favorite movies in the MCU or my favorite tunes from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack (the first Awesome Mix Tape, to be exact) and how they fit in the narrative.  I may aim for the latter, then do my favorite MCU films when Spider-Man: Homecoming comes out.  Plus for LTEM, I know I’ll be doing an entry on Dio’s Holy Diver next while also thinking of ways to change the format if I need to, like turning the series into a “Frothy Pint of Metal”-based analysis of current, new, obscure, and hungry bands in the metal and rock genres as well as doing it on video platforms like YouTube, VidMe, DailyMotion, etc..  That and I’m thinking of doing a visual kei band for the entry after Dio.  In short, I plan on doing notable albums then bizarre choices for the next several entries, the Metallic Ring will be made to be more special.

And finally, let’s talk social media.

For those that are wondering, “Why don’t I have a Patreon?  That seems to be the in-thing for content creators.”  That’s because I don’t feel that my series is big enough to sustain a Patreon account.  But that shouldn’t discourage me, as I feel that there are greater rewards when you take risks.  Trust me, the idea might work, and I may definitely consider it after at least 50 entries on BlogSpot (which is pretty easy with a proper schedule and passion to pass this month) or doing 10 videos based around my work on a platform like YouTube. 

Speaking of YouTube, I have plans on expanding into that.  For Tumbler, I am practically linking my blog series to there, but YouTube will be a different entity.  For that, I plan on a Vlog series (and a Let Them Eat Metal reconfiguration to better showcase my influences in the internet review game) that may include me discussing various rock, metal, alternative, movie, TV, comic, anime, game, and even political news and dissecting it while also having a recommendation of the week.  That way, I can start showcasing random albums and songs I’ve been listening to, but I don’t feel deserve a written entry yet.  But I also know about corporate bullcrap, so I may also set up VidMe and DailyMotion accounts for them while also asking you all to subscribe (and/or create YouTube accounts of your own) to my account so you can see them.  Plus I do think that I may need to create a striking image for myself when I go that route.  Being a regular dude with geeky t-shirts may not cut it, so probably the incorporation of elements from glam, punk, metal, visual kei, and cosplay fashion, including steampunk and so on, might be a good starting point.  Yes, going for a more outrageous image than Crash Thompson might help with my differentiation if my opinions are way too much like Luke Spencer’s with elements of Happy Viking’s.

Now for the goals.  If you desire YouTube, VidMe, DailyMotion and possibly DeviantArt pages of yours truly, here are the metrics:
  • YouTube: 100 views of a single entry
  • VidMe: 105 views of a single entry
  • DailyMotion: 110 views of a single entry
  • DeviantArt: 120 views of a single entry
  • Patreon: Whenever I feel that ad revenue isn’t going anywhere and I need to ensure that I’m able to create some new projects, may them be written or made for visual pleasure, which may be very, very soon.  I’ll ask on Facebook if you desire this.
  • Any other social media site of choice: 150 views of a single entry.

And for the rest, 100 views of a single entry leading to me to start taking requests and suggestions for my work.  That and a review of Skid Row’s self-titled debut will be put in the queue.  But I can take suggestions if they do allow for greater quality of my work.  And to get there, there’s an easy way to do so.  Here’s a link to boost this entry over the 100 threshold as it’s the closest: http://rockotaku92.blogspot.com/2017/03/countdowns-with-rock-otaku-03-top-11.html.  And here are my second and third-most viewed entries, if you want to check them out: (2) http://rockotaku92.blogspot.com/2017/03/let-them-eat-metal-11-ride-lightning-by.html and (3) http://rockotaku92.blogspot.com/2017/03/let-them-eat-metal-12-toys-in-attic-by.html.  150 will lead to the start of the first Q&A, where I’ll, based on your questions, reveal my deepest, darkest secrets.  200 views will lead to the first ever special entry of Let Them Eat Metal: Let Them Eat Metal by The Rods, the album whose name inspired the title of my main heavy metal and hard rock series (when I’m not talking about rock and metal making the Billboard chart).  300 views will lead to a review of the movie 300 and/or it’s sequel/prequel/inter-quel 300: Rise of an Empire because why the hell not?  400 views will lead to a LTEM for Metallica’s Master of Puppets.  And for 500 views, I’ll do a multipart LTEM reviewing every Judas Priest album in a multipart mini-series (which might lead to LTEM being a weekly series for a brief time) as a tribute to my first post of this series here: http://rockotaku92.blogspot.com/2016/12/let-them-eat-metal-1-screaming-for.html.  A part of this will be a re-review of Screaming for Vengeance with my evolving style depending on a poll beforehand.  For an Iron Maiden, Accept, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Savatage, Van Halen, or even Metallica min-series, that will be decided on various factors such as how well it does.  And for every final/most recent album, I’ll come up with, as I’ve done for Band-Maid, ideas on how the band’s should go forward or how any aspiring bands or artists should take elements in music and image from the band being discussed, depending on if the band isn’t as legendary as they should be.  Overall, things should be fun this month, and they rely on you as they do on me.

As for my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr, check them both out for updates, news, interesting facts, and other fun stuff.  Be sure to like and follow them respectively.  Here are the links if you’re interested:



This is the Rock Otaku, Live Loud and Play Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment